R&Dディレクター（日本語・英語）/ R&D Director (Japanese & English Speaking)
給与 Negotiable based on experience
担当コンサルタント Hitoshi Kawamura
掲載日 2019/07/082019-07-08 2019-09-06 manufacturing-and-production Malaysia MY JPY 8000000 10000000 10000000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.jp https://www.robertwalters.co.jp/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A regional leader in industrial parts manufacturing is looking for an English and Japanese bilingual R&D Director to take the lead to manage product development and formulation activities to sustain the company’s position as the market leader. In this position, you will to take ownership of R&D strategies and pursue innovative ideas for the coatings and metal alloy product segment. The successful candidate will be based in Selangor, Malaysia.
- Lead and strategise the R&D Department to develop new products for sustainable growth of the company
- Lead cross-functional teams for product development during conceptualisation/inception, planning, execution, evaluation, product launch and customer acceptance stages
- Initiate and implement new formulation, process improvement and cost saving projects
- Conduct technical assessments for evaluation of new products/processes and to re-engineer existing products/processes
- Develop and maintain project plans, identify critical paths and resources required to ensure project success
- Provide leadership and guidance for non-routine problems requiring substantial judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Stay apprised of technologies in the industry by reviewing technical literature and attending relevant industry seminars
- Tertiary qualification in polymer, material engineering, chemistry, metallurgy or relevant field of study
- 10+ years’ of R&D (managing formulation) working experience in coating, polymer or metal industry from product concept to commercialisation stage
- A strong innovator, creative and intuitive to develop solutions that addresses market demand
- A self-starter, strong leader and possess a positive outlook
- Strong analytical capability and influential
- Possess sound commercial acumen and able to foster a strong customer relationship
- Able to converse and write in the Japanese language fluently
- Good proficiency in English for business communication
About the Company:
This company has recorded a strong growth for several decades and is one of the market leaders in industrial parts which are used by OEM companies to manufacture industrial appliances. Their forte is in speciality coatings which enhances the performance and robustness of the industrial parts.
If you are a strategic R&D professional who is seeking a challenging role to take your career to the next level, this is the opportunity for you. You will be part of a progressive team that is poised to breaking new grounds in the industry.